Over recent weeks I’ve been discussing career options with my eldest mini-me — Nathan, who is nearly 15 and at the stage of life where he is asking the “what am I going to do with my life?” big questions.
Obviously, the ‘make money in your career’ options are “Son, get into Medicine or Law!” but I am obviously biased in my thoughts that you can make a decent living and enjoy laying your hands on a keyboard and sinkning your mind into technology…
An easy way to get into website design and a brilliant over is courtesy of the free online book : “Dive into HTML5”.
ve Into HTML5 elaborates on a hand-picked selection of features from the HTML5 specification and other fine standards. We encourage you to buy the printed work — Mark Pilgrim’s artfully titled “HTML5: Up &Running” — published on paper by O’Reilly, under the Google Press imprint. Your kind and sincere feedback is always welcome, and this work shall remain online under the CC-BY-3.0 license.
Special Offer for all NICKLITTEN Punters
20% Off with Coupon: NICKLITTEN
In Partnership with SNUG CBD - American readers get 20% off
CBD helps with relaxation, focus and great for pain relief. I highly recommend the SNUG CBD Tincture to help keep you in the zone when programming!
This particular edition of Dive Into HTML5 is advanced by the diveintomark team. We work hard to add and update content, links, APIs, and actively maintain this fine resource; refreshing and reflecting the relevant and current state of HTML5, just as Mark Pilgrim did during his tenure. We attribute this work in the manner specified by Mark, and we make modifications to the site’s content. We do not in any way suggest that he endorses us or our use of his work. We hope you do.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction: Five Things You Should Know About HTML50
- A Quite Biased History of HTML51
- Detecting HTML5 Features: It’s Elementary, My Dear Watson2
- What Does It All Mean?3
- Let’s Call It a Draw(ing Surface)4
- Video in a Flash (Without That Other Thing)5
- You Are Here (And So Is Everybody Else)6
- A Place To Put Your Stuff7
- Let’s Take This Offline8
- A Form of Madness9
- “Distributed,” “Extensibility,” And Other Fancy Words10
- Manipulating History for Fun & Profit11
- The All-In-One Almost-Alphabetical Guide to Detecting EverythingA
- HTML5 Peeks, Pokes and PointersB