Me and my wing man (Bailey Version 2.0 – the Springer Spaniel) arrived in Las Vegas on Sunday night after a smooth flight courtesy of Delta Airlines. Shipping pets around domestic USA is remarkably easy and pain free:
- Make sure dog is all up to date with vaccinations and get a certificate from Vet saying just that
- Get a nice crate that Muttley can comfortably sit and lay down in
- Put a nice fluffy comfy bed in there
- Take Muttley to airport and pay your $fee (it was $200 from Charleston SC to Vegas NV)
- He gets checked for drugs, guns and copies of the Quran by the TSA folks and loaded into a special pressurised and heated section of the cargo hold
- Fly your flight, disembark and he is brought to the luggage belt
- Extract puppy and get covered in canine kisses.
Bailey handled it incredibly well… I think he was more comfortable in his travel cage than I was crammed into the economy cabin (yes I am cheap) watching crappy TV on the headset unit and trying not to torture myself by continually looking at my watch.
All in all a decent experience. The folks at Delta were very helpful and accommodating.
Gets a thumbs up from me and paw up from Bailey.