JBA System 21 – How to recover incomplete Accounts Payable sessions
AP incomplete session
PL incomplete session
AP session recovery
For most types of Accounts Payables sessions that are incomplete (status ‘I’), the user can cancel or complete the session themselves, as below.
The Accounts Payable Processing options that can be recovered in this way are:
- Item entry (1/APP)
- Confirm log entries (2/APP)
- Volume log to ledger transfer (3/APP)
- Journal log entry (6/APP)
- Direct posting (11/APP)
- Journal direct posting (13/APP)
- 3 way invoice matching (1/API)
- When you are sure the session is not still being processed, take the De-allocate Failed Posting Session Utility option (33/APU). In some environments, this requires exclusive use of the system and has to be done out of hours. Enter the company and session number and press ENTER.
- Preferably the user should go back into the same option that they were in when the incomplete session occurred e.g. Item entry (1/APP), Confirm log entries (2/APP), Volume log to ledger transfer (3/APP), Journal log entry (6/APP), Direct posting (12/APP), Journal direct posting (13/APP) or way invoice matching (1/API).
- On the first window, take F12=Resume Session. (Note. With 3 way match you may need to select a Purchase ledger company first).
- Enter the session number of the incomplete session and press ENTER.
- The user should be back in the session that they can then review, amend, update or cancel.
- It is not possible to complete a session using the wrong option, so you can safely try different options.
- The Session enquiry [3/APE] may give information about the session type.
If the Log column shows ‘L’ it is a log session so recover using Log item entry [1/APP].
If the Log column shows ‘T’ it is a log to ledger transfer so recover using Confirm log entries [2/APP].
Journals will have a session type (column Tp) of ‘JL’ so recover using Journal log entry [5/APP] or Journal direct posting [13/APP] depending on whether the Log colmn shows ‘L’ or not.
If batch controls are in use, the batch may be at the wrong status. Technically, this may require field STEP26 on file PLBATCHS to be set to 0.