.st0{fill:#FFFFFF;}

The long landrover saga of pulling my hair out with this damn car continues 

 July 26, 2012

By  NickLitten

Bloody thing.. after working nicely for just over a week, leading me to think the problem was all down to blocked injectors… the starting *problem* is back with a vengeance. The long landrover saga or engine Demons are back with a vengeance…

FIRKING THING!

/me takes a deep calming breath…..

So, 80% of the time the car starts first time and runs perfectly. Once running it always runs perfectly and is a joy to drive. But the other 20% of the time, it either refuses to start completely (I generally give up after an hour) or as in the case of this morning – refused to start at 7:30 when I spent about 5 minutes trying to go to work. I gave up, went upstairs for a nice cup of tea. Half an hour later I tried again… no joy… so I went and walked the dog (Bailey) before returning to try again… I tried everything… even popped the bonnet and disconnected and reconnected the battery – to no effect… after another 10 minutes of trying to start, I finally decided i had enough and it was time to video it so I could show the video to some Landrover mechanic on the off chance that i could be helped…. hence this video.

*sigh*

Bloody thing!

NickLitten


IBM i Software Developer, Digital Dad, AS400 Anarchist, RPG Modernizer, Shameless Trekkie, Belligerent Nerd, Englishman Abroad and Passionate Eater of Cheese and Biscuits. Nick Litten Dot Com is a mixture of blog posts that can be sometimes serious, frequently playful and probably down-right pointless all in the space of a day. Enjoy your stay, feel free to comment and remember: If at first you don't succeed then skydiving probably isn't a hobby you should look into.

Nick Litten

related posts:

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}
__CONFIG_colors_palette__{"active_palette":0,"config":{"colors":{"cff50":{"name":"Main Accent","parent":-1},"a344d":{"name":"Accent Transparent","parent":"cff50"}},"gradients":[]},"palettes":[{"name":"Default","value":{"colors":{"cff50":{"val":"var(--tcb-skin-color-0)"},"a344d":{"val":"rgba(46, 138, 229, 0.85)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":210,"l":0.54,"s":0.78}}},"gradients":[]},"original":{"colors":{"cff50":{"val":"rgb(0, 178, 255)","hsl":{"h":198,"s":1,"l":0.5}},"a344d":{"val":"rgba(0, 178, 255, 0.85)","hsl_parent_dependency":{"h":198,"s":1,"l":0.5}}},"gradients":[]}}]}__CONFIG_colors_palette__

Get In Touch

Iā€™m always looking for awesome input, feedback and critique!

>