So, you’ve installed WDSC7 now what?
1 – Automatically update to WebSphere Development Studio Client, Version 18.104.22.168:
Install the fix pack with the same user account that installed the product.
- WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries, Version 7.0, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, or 184.108.40.206 must be installed.
- The product cannot be open when you install this fix pack.
To find and install WebSphere Development Studio Client, Version 220.127.116.11 as an update:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click the Update button.
- If a new version of Installation Manager is found, you are prompted to confirm that you want to install it before you can continue. Click OK to proceed. Installation Manager automatically installs the new version, stops, restarts, and resumes.
- In the Update packages wizard, select the Installed Location for WebSphere Development Studio Client and click Next. Installation Manager searches for updates in the WebSphere Development Studio Client repository on the Web, as well as any repository locations that you entered. A progress indicator shows the search is taking place.
- By default, recommended updates are displayed and selected on the Update Packages page. Ensure that you select Version 18.104.22.168 for WebSphere Development Studio Client, then click Next.
- On the Licenses page, read the license agreements for the update. On the left side of the License page; click each item to display the license agreement text.
- If you agree to the terms for all of the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Summary page, review the information displayed, and then click Update. A progress indicator shows the percentage of the installation completed.
- When the update process completes, a message that confirms the success of the process is displayed near the top of the page. Click View log file to open the log file for the current session in a new window. You must close the Installation Log window to continue.
2 – Manually Update: Downloading the fix pack for local installations
[quote]Because I am a little anal about what the update is doing – this is my preferred technique[/quote]
Using this technique we will download the fix pack zip file, extract it to a folder on a server and then manually upgrade it from that folder (which WDSC calls a repository). This is a great technique for sharing the update amongst a group of users.
So, lets download and install the fix pack:
- Download the fix pack from http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/awdtools/wdsc/v7/7008/zips/wdsc-22.214.171.124.zip.
- Extract the compressed file in an appropriate directory. For example, extract the file to C:\temp.
- Add the fix pack repository location in IBM Installation Manager:
- Start IBM Installation Manager.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click File > Preferences, and then click Repositories. The Repositories page opens.
- On the Repositories page, click Add Repository.
- On the Add repository window, browse to and enter the file path to the wdsc\updates\repository.config and then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Preference page.
- Install the fix pack by clicking the big UPDATE button on the front screen of the IBM Installation Manager.Note: During the process of updating from a local repository, Installation Manager might prompt you for the location of the repository for WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries, Version 7.0. If you installed the product from CDs or other media, they must be available when you use the update feature.