I keep all my devices in sync with this excellent opensource tool called OUTLOOK GOOGLE CALENDAR SYNC
I bloody love this little utility. It smoothly keeps my calendar and contacts fully synchonised between my mobile phone, tablets, work desktop, work phone. It runs on my work PC and my home PC, both locations that I use two different installs of OUTLOOK (one business and one personal) and it keeps them both in synch while also updating my google calendar so my phone is always able to show me all meetings and calendar entries in realtime.
It’s a synching miracle 🙂
What can this utility do?
- Sync your Outlook and Google calendars securely, including meeting attendees, reminders, full description and more.
- Ideal for liberating your corporate Exchange calendar, making it available on any of your devices with access to Google Calendar.
- No install necessary, works behind web proxies and actively developed.
and it just works beautifully!
This is the list of functions from the OGCS website:
- Supports all versions of Outlook from 2003 to 2016 64-bit!
- Installable and portable options – even runs from a USB thumbdrive
- Synchronises items in any calendar folder, including those shared with you, from
- Outlook -> Google
- Outlook <- Google
- Outlook <-> Google (two-way/bidirectional sync)
- Includes the following event attributes:
- Attendees (including whether required or optional)
- Reminder events
- Availability (free/busy)
- Privacy (public/private)
- Differential comparison updates only attributes that have changed
- Customizable date range to synchronize, past and future
- Frequency of automatic syncs, including push-sync from Outlook
- Configurable proxy settings, or use Internet Explorer’s
- Merge new events into existing on destination calendar
- Prompt on deletion of items
- Ability to obfuscate custom words for privacy/security
- Option to force items in target calendar
- as private
- as available
- Syncs recurring items properly as a series
- Can run unobtrusively in the system tray, with bubble notifications on sync
- Application can start on login, with delay if required