* Error Restoring Product Support Objects
You are probably here because you are running a TURNOVER IBM i UPGRADE and have seen this error message in your job log.
- If you are not upgrading TURNOVER then leave now 😉
- If you are – this is where I will document the various error conditions I’ve seen while doing an upgrade from TURNOVER V101 for iSeries to IBM i TURNOVER Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) V2.1 Upgrade
* Error restoring product support objects. See job log for details.
On our production machine we have strict password rules – and the automated install process attempts to create a profile called M4 which does not meet my companies’ password rules.
The cause of this “reason code 3” is:
Hopefully Softlanding will fix this problem in their install procedure in the next release.
Workaround for QPWDRULES problem
The workaround is simple –
- turn off the rule
- install the turnover upgrade
- turn rule back on again
Turn off the QPWDRULES rule
Make a note of your setting in system value QPWDRULES.
You will want to change the value BACK after the upgrade is complete.
The System Value QPWDRULES screen should look something like this:
CHGSYSVAL SYSVAL(QPWDRULES) VALUE(*DGTMIN1)
Run the installation command again
NOTE: Don’t forget to change it back to its original setting after the upgrade is complete.