There are many benefits to be gained from modernization:
- A better interface
- A better database
- Easier to maintain applications
- More flexible applications. New business requirements are easier to implement.
- Integrated applications. It is easier to integrate with other applications, platforms, and interfaces.
- It is easier to find developers who can maintain modern code.
- A modernized application can give a company a competitive edge. The ability to make rapid changes to the application means that the company can respond quickly to business changes.
- Continue to use the existing investment. The fact that an application might benefit from an update to its interface does not mean that the application is not working and fulfilling a business need.